Usually snails kept in the aquarium are very useful. They clean the aquarium water consistently, they will bring down the levels of nitrite in the water and they are useful for the development of aquarium plants. For the most part snails are harmony loving creatures and they will live without disturbing others. Notwithstanding, when their proliferation rate goes past limits, they will be contend with others to share for the nourishment and their immense number can distract and disturb the fish network in the aquarium. In that case you need a prompt solution to dispose of those snails.
There are several methods suggested by experts
- You can set up another small tank close to the main tank. You can get the snails physically and drop them in this tank. They will survive joyfully there. Snails do not need customized sustenance. Indeed, even the vegetables went out can be offered to them and they are glad to eat that stuff. You can also offer them the sustenance which is wasted by the fish and lying at the base of the aquarium. All the waste of plants can also be offered to them and they will be glad to eat that.
You can keep that tank as a standby and at whatever point you will require snails in the main tank you can shift them there. On the off chance that you do not require any snails for the main tank, then you can safely dispose of every one of them.
- You can bait the snails out of the aquarium. This Slakken in aquarium should be possible easily with the assistance of a small glass. Just put some interesting sustenance in the glass like green growth wafer and keep the glass amidst the aquarium. It will require some investment for the snails to smell the sustenance inside the glass. Nonetheless, most of them will attempt to go into the glass for the nourishment. On the off chance that you keep the glass in the aquarium around evening time, next morning you can find a ton of snails in that glass. Just take out that class and dispose of the snails.
- There is another method for getting freed of these snails. Some of your pet fish species love to eat snails. Some cichlids, loaches and puffer fish are snail eaters. Puffer fish specifically is useful for lowering the number of inhabitants in snails. Check on the off chance that you have any of these varieties of fish in your aquarium. Controlling snails then becomes extremely easy.
- You can use snails to fight with other snails! There is a specific breed which is called Assassin Snail. This sort of snails will eat others as their nourishment. So in the event that you introduce a couple of them, they can easily control the number of inhabitants in snails in a short time.
- Chemicals are accessible in the market for eliminating snails. Usually copper solutions can be of assistance. In any case, there are two limitations. First, the snails will become acclimated to these chemicals soon. Secondly, such use of chemicals may contaminate the aquarium water and put at risk the whole fish populace. So it is advisable to maintain a strategic distance from chemicals.
All in all, snails are useful for the aquarium. It is dependent upon you to utilize them, as a source of nourishment for fish or as the aquarium cleaner with no charge!